Performing Arts & Festivals
Utah's many cultural events and festivals can be a great way to have a good time and get to know Utah's unique culture. Particularly in the summer, cultural and arts festivals and events pop up around the state. Year round, you can enjoy artistic performance at top venues in Salt Lake City and other metropolitan areas.
Salt Lake City
- George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Theateris a 2,468-seat, Broadway-style venue with touring shows and major concerts
- Temple Square featuring performances by The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square (formerly known as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir)
- Utah Symphony
- Utah Opera
- Hale Center Theatre or the Pioneer Theatre Company, the professional theatre in residence at University of Utah, are great for family-friendly performance.
- Salt Lake Acting Company is a local favorite for their irreverence and parody.
- Dance aficionados can watch ballerinas perform at Ballet West or take in a contemporary dance performance by the Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company.
- Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center is a 3-venue complex hosting dance & theater performances.
North of Salt Lake City
South of Salt Lake City
- Sundance Summer Theater | Sundance
- The Covey Center for the Arts | Provo
- The Hale Center Theater | Orem
- Tuacahn Center for the Arts
- O.C. Tanner Amphitheater | Springdale (outside Zion National Park)
- The Beverley Taylor Sorenson Center for the Arts (The Beverley) | Location of the Utah Shakespeare Festival
Throughout the year, there are annual events and festivals for everyone. Heritage, Native American culture, railroad history, agriculture, arts, music, outdoor recreation — these are just some of the interests that are celebrated through Utah's annual events and festivals.
The most popular annual festivals include: